Medigap Plan F is the Medicare Supplement that provides the most coverage. It covers both Original Medicare Part A and B deductibles, all copays, and all coinsurance. This means you have no out-of-pocket expenses.
Medigap Plan F
Get Free Medicare Help
What does Medicare Supplement Plan F cover?
Medigap Plan F features the most comprehensive benefits package out of all Medicare Supplement policies.
Plan F covers:
- Original Medicare Part A’s deductible
- Part B deductible
- Part B excess charges
- Part A coinsurance and hospital costs up to an additional 365 days after Medicare’s benefits are all used up
- Part B coinsurance or copayments
- First three pints of blood used in an approved medical procedure
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- 80% of a foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)
As you can see, there’s a reason Medicare Supplemental Plan F is the most frequently purchased Medigap plan according to several reports. It pays for all gaps in coverage by Original Medicare including your hospital and outpatient deductibles.
That’s right, that means there are no out-of-pocket costs when you visit the doctor.
If you’re wondering how much it is to have this peace-of-mind, give one of our licensed Medicare agents at USAmeriCare Insurance a call today!
Are Medicare supplement plans worth it?
If you take a look above at what Medigap Plan F covers, it could save you a lot of money if you visit a doctor frequently or have multiple (or lengthy) stays in a hospital.
Other than the fact you are left with no out-of-pocket expenses, there are these other benefits:
- Choose your own doctor
- No referrals required to see specialists
- Guaranteed renewable — your coverage can’t be canceled due to health or number of claims
How much can I save with a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan?
Medicare Part A’s deductible is currently $1,384 when you go to the hospital. You also pay 20% of any procedures.
With Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan F, all of that is paid for by your supplement.
So, it wouldn’t be out of the question for a Medigap plan to pay for itself in one hospital visit.
And if you buy a plan through an independent broker like USameriCare Insurance, you will receive a competitive rate that most major carriers can’t reach.