Medigap Plan K includes a yearly out-of-pocket limit of $5,560. This is huge because Original Medicare does not feature this benefit. So, if you were to reach your out-of-pocket limit, Medigap Plan K may cover 100% of your Medicare-covered costs for the rest of the year.
Medicare Supplement Plan K also covers 50% of these expenses left over from Original Medicare:
• Medicare Part A deductible
• Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay
• Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
• Medicare Part B copayment or coinsurance
• First three pints of blood for a covered medical procedure
It does not cover Part B’s deductible, excess charges, or a foreign travel emergency.
Lots of Medicare beneficiaries elect to purchase Plan K because of its lower premiums. If you do not make lots of trips to the doctor’s office or hospital, it may be worth sharing some of the medical costs to save on monthly premiums.
A licensed Medicare agent with USAmeriCare can evaluate your situation for free and offer you a plan suited for your budget and medical needs.